Home General Info Business Tourism Government Cities & Municipalities
Battle against dengue continues in Bulacan
By: PPAO
Friday, 16 October 2015
CITY OF MALOLOS – Weeks after the declaration of State of Calamity, Bulacan continues its battle against the deadly dengue through spraying and information dissemination.

Gov. Wilhelmino M. Sy-Alvarado ordered the Provincial Public Health Office to start all possible ways to lessen and eventually stop the spread of dengue in the province.

“Hindi tayo magsasawang paalalahanan ang mga mamamayan na maglinis para makaiwas sa dengue at kapag nakaranas ng mga sintomas magpatingin na agad. Pero wala itong magagawa kung hindi kikilos ang mga mamamayan mismo, tulung-tulong po tayo at sa huli sama-sama din tayong magtatagumpay,” Alvarado said.

The PPHO has scheduled an orientation to mist sprayers and the actual mist spraying in barangays with clustering of cases and hotspot barangays from October 14-29, 2015.

According to the latest report from the Provincial Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit as of October 15, there are 6,215 cases of dengue in the province which is 283% higher than 1,620 cases on the same period last year. Number of fatalities is now up to 15.

In support, the Department of Trade and Industry in coordination with the PPHO and Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office implemented a price freeze on basic and prime commodities which are the manufactured goods to protect the consumers from profiteers.

DTI Provincial Director Rhine Aldana said that the price freeze is province wide and will last for 60 days from September 29, the date of declaration of state of calamity to November 26, 2015. The price is based on the last price monitoring they have conducted before the calamity.

Aside from the free hospitalization and medication to dengue patients, Dengue Express Lanes were also provided in all hospitals run by the PGB to give Bulakenyos easy access and relief.

Moreover, to help dengue patients who are in dire need of blood, hundreds of Bulakenyos donated blood voluntarily wherein 200 bags were collected and deposited to the Bulacan Provincial Blood Center.

From January to October 14 this year, the Blood Center has a total blood collection of 14,344 units wherein 11,692 Bulakenyos were served.

Back to 2015 Government News Archive Menu
© 2007 Provincial Government of Bulacan, Philippines. Developed by the Provincial Information Technology Office.
Experience Bulacan