Home General Info Business Tourism Government Cities & Municipalities
Bulacan declares all-out war against Dengue
By: PPAO
Wednesday, 21 July 2010
CITY OF MALOLOS – The Provincial Government of Bulacan through its Public Health Surveillance Unit, yesterday declared an all out war against a “deadly enemy”—the aedes aegypti mosquito, carrier of the killer disease known as Dengue.

Provincial Health Officer Dr. Jocelyn Gomez said that since January up to July 20 this year, there were 298 cases of dengue recorded with four deaths.

She said that while there’s a slight increase (eight cases) compared to the cases recorded last year, there is no clustering of dengue cases that could lead to an outbreak.

“Patuloy ang pag-sasagawa sa buong lalawigan ng malawakang paglilinis sa bawat barangay at eskwelahan, patuloy na pagsasaliksik at pagtatanggal ng mga posibleng pinamamahayan ng mga lamok. Gayundin, ang patuloy na pagbibigay ng mga mensahe sa pagsugpo at pagkontrol ng sakit na ito at maagap na pagkonsulta sa mga Health Centers o Hospital para sa dagliang pagbibigay ng lunas sa mga pinag-hihinalaang may sakit na dengue,” Gomez said.

Meanwhile, Gov. Wilhelmino M. Sy-Alvarado earlier ordered a massive cleanup of all government facilities in an effort to contain the spread of the mosquito-borne disease.

Last week, the governor issued Executive Order No. 2-2010, “An Order to maintain cleanliness and sanitary condition of all business establishments in the province of Bulacan”, which also aims to prevent the spread of diseases. ###

Back to 2010 Government News Archive Menu
© 2007 Provincial Government of Bulacan, Philippines. Developed by the Provincial Information Technology Office.
Experience Bulacan