Home General Info Business Tourism Government Cities & Municipalities
Free hospitalization, medication for dengue cases following declaration of “state of calamity” in Bulacan
By: PPAO
Thursday, 07 October 2010
CITY OF MALOLOS – To provide relief to Bulakenyo families with dengue patients, Bulacan Gov. Wilhelmino M. Sy-Alvarado announces free hospitalization and medication to these patients admitted in all hospitals run by the Provincial Government.

Alvarado said “libre ang pagamot at hospitalisasyon sa lahat ng kaso ng dengue na naka-admit sa mga ospital ng Pamahalaang Panlalawigan, kaya hinihikayat ko ang lahat na huwag mag-atubili na magpagamot sa ating mga ospital upang maagapan ang mga pasyente kontra sa nakamamatay na sakit na dengue.”

This announcement of the governor covers Bulacan Medical Center, Gregorio Del Pilar District Hospital in Bulakan, Baliwag District Hospital, Emilio Perez Memorial Hospital in Hagonoy, Calumpit District Hospital, San Miguel District Hospital, Rogaciano Mercado Memorial Hospital in Sta. Maria, and Felix T. Reyes Hospital in Pamarawan in this city.

The announcement came after the province was placed under a “state of calamity” through Panlalawigang Kapasyahan Blg. 05-T’10 “Kapasyahan na nagpapahayag na ang Bulacan ay nasa ilalim ng state of calamity upang matugunan aang paglaganap ng sakit na dengue sa lalawigan,” sponsored by Board Member Enrique Viudez II from the third district and was approved September 29, 2010.

Alvarado said this declaration was made to channel calamity funds in the all-out war against dengue here in the province. The 100% subsidy for Bulakenyo dengue patients is offered to alleviate the plight of the affected families, at the same time, encourage those who show symptoms to seek medical attention.

Based on the record of the Provincial Public Health Office, as of October 6, there are 2, 299 cases of dengue reported in the province with 15 deaths since January. The incidence of dengue has grown dramatically and is now up by 368 percent compared to last year’s statistics. Of this, 70 percent of the patients were identified as school children.

This current figure is the highest, according to the Disease Surveillance Update of the Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit Center for Health and Development Regional Office in San Fernando City, Pampanga.

Aside from this free hospitalization and medication offer, the Provincial Government also initiated a provincewide infodrive to educate the public on ways to prevent and combat dengue, conducted search and destroy operation, activated barangay health response teams and dengue school watch teams, and distributed insectides all over the province particulary in areas where death cases were reported inluding Cities of San Jose del Monte, Meycauayan and Malolos, and towns of Plaridel, Marilao, Balagtas and Bocaue.###


Back to 2010 News Archive Menu
© 2007 Provincial Government of Bulacan, Philippines. Developed by the Provincial Information Technology Office.
Experience Bulacan