Home General Info Business Tourism Government Cities & Municipalities
Bulacan gov leads relief operation in Calumpit
By: PPAO
Monday, 09 May 2011
CITY OF MALOLOS – Bulacan Gov. Wilhelmino M. Sy-Alvarado led the relief operation for tornado victims at the Calumpit Municipal covered court at 3:00 o’clock this afternoon.

Together with the Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office (PSWDO), the governor distributed pack of relief goods comprising of rice, noodles, sugar, coffee, milk, canned goods and mats to the affected families.

Based on the record of the PSWDO, about 41 houses equivalent to 93 families from eight barangays including Balungaw, Frances, San Miguel, Sapang Bayan, Meysulao, Corazon, Gatbuca and Poblacion had been affected by the said tornado that occurred last Saturday at 6 o’clock in the evening.

Moreover, a report from Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office says that, 37 houses were partially damaged and four were totally smashed. Families with partially damaged houses remained in their places while those with totally damaged houses temporarily live with their relatives.

Also, an on-going assessment on the damaged houses of the affected families is being conducted by PSWDO to come up with a report regarding the needed materials for the reconstruction.

Felicisima L. Mungcal, executive officer of PDRRMO, reported only two casualties, one is due to to heart attack brought about by the sudden strong wind and heavy rain and was identified as Alberto Tolentino, 59, of Purok 1, San Miguel, Calumpit and a 13-year old girl, Rose Ann Gatdula, who died after getting electrocuted near an electric post in Brgy. Pungo, Calumpit, this morning.

Aside from the affected families, PDRRMO continues to monitor and rove around the province to vigilantly watch the effect of typhoon Bebeng. ###

Back to 2011 News Archive Menu
© 2007 Provincial Government of Bulacan, Philippines. Developed by the Provincial Information Technology Office.
Experience Bulacan