Home General Info Business Tourism Government Cities & Municipalities
Bulacan donates P400, 000 to Iligan and Cagayan de Oro
By: PPAO
Wednesday, 28 December 2011
CITY OF MALOLOS- The Provincial Government of Bulacan (PGB) through the initiative of Gov. Wilhelmino M. Sy-Alvarado recently donated P200,000 to the City Government of Iligan and Cagayan de Oro for the victims of typhoon Sendong.

Alvarado said that the cash donation aims to provide assistance for the victims of Sendong where thousands of residents died due to the flood.

“Ngayon ang pagkakataon para ibalik ng ating lalawigan ang tulong na ibinigay sa atin. Nagyon ang ating pagkakataon para makatulong na kahit sa konting halaga ay maiparamdam natin sa kanila ang ating simpatiya,” Gov. Alvarado said.

Alvarado recollected that Bulacan, particularly Hagonoy and Calumpit, was likewise hit by typhoons Pedring and Quiel and received donations and aid from various local government units (LGUs), non-government and international organizations and the national government.

Iligan City Mayor Lawrence Lluch Cruz and Mayor Vicente Emano of CDO received the cash donations delivered by Political Affairs Consultant Vicente Cruz, Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (PDRRMO) Executive Officer Felicisima Mungcal, Dr. Jocelyn Gomez of Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) and Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office (PSWDO) Assistant Department head Norma Luarca.

Last week, Sendong affected approximately 108,798 families or 695,195 individuals. Of these, 14,089 families, or 69,287 persons, remain in evacuation centers.###

Back to 2011 News Archive Menu
© 2007 Provincial Government of Bulacan, Philippines. Developed by the Provincial Information Technology Office.
Experience Bulacan