Home General Info Business Tourism Government Cities & Municipalities
DOLE, McDo set work opportunities for Bulakenyo youth
By: PPAO
Friday, 13 April 2012
CITY OF MALOLOS – The Department of Labor and Employment and McDonald’s Philippines through the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) signed a memorandum of agreement (MOA) recently in a bid to provide jobs to almost 4,000 students and out of school youth in the country.

Gov. Wilhelmino M. Sy-Alvarado said SPES is good news and a big help for the Bulakenyo youth who dream to finish schooling but are not capable due to poverty.

“Ito’y sapagkat dalawang pangangailangan ang natutugunan ng programang ito, una ay ang pangangailangang pinansyal, at pangalawa ay nakatutulong ito upang maihanda ang mga kabataang benepisyaryo sa mundo ng empleyo,” said the governor.

McDonald’s Philippines President and CEO Kenneth Yang said that they have always been a strong advocate of the importance of education as a tool to build a good foundation for a brighter future.

According to Chona Torre, VP for Human Resources of McDonald’s Philippines, beneficiaries will be employed as crew members and will undergo the same training that a regular employee of McDo has experienced wherein they will be working for 52 days.

DOLE Secretary Rosalinda Dimapilis-Baldoz explained that all the workers will have a minimum of four hours and a maximum of eight hours working time, six days a week.

It is also stated in the MOA that McDonald’s will cover the 60% of the salary of the employee while the remaining 40% will be covered by DOLE. Further, the GSIS premium of the beneficiary should also be paid by the fast food company.

Elizabeth Alonzo, Provincial Youth, Sports, Employment, Arts and Culture and Tourism Office Head and Public Employment Service Office (PESO) manager added that the youth who are interested with the program may start inquiring at PESO in their respective towns.

“Ang programang ito ay hindi lamang tuwing summer vacation, ito ay buong taon na maaring i-avail, at ang mga matatanggap ay maa-assign sa pinakamalapit na McDonalds sa kanila” said Alonzo. ###

Back to 2012 News Archive Menu
© 2007 Provincial Government of Bulacan, Philippines. Developed by the Provincial Information Technology Office.
Experience Bulacan