- To safeguard the disbursement of appropriation;
- To assists the Local Chief Executive in the preparation and execution of the budgets;
- To assists the Local Sangguniang in reviewing the approved budgets; municipal resolutions and ordinances of the component cities and municipalities; and
- To have close coordination with the Local Finance Committee Members
An office that has unity and cooperation that gives technical assistance to the local officials through proper budgeting to support the programs and projects for a more progressive Bulacan.
- Develops, installs and maintains financial and budgeting system
- Prepares and integrates, in collaboration with all offices, the financial and budgetary requirements of the provincial government
- Develops, installs and maintains an effective finance and budget monitoring, review, and control mechanisms
- Prepare forms, orders and circulars embodying instructions on budgetary and appropriation matters for the signature of the governor;
- Review and consolidate the budget proposals of different departments and offices of the local government units;
- Assist the governor in the preparation of the budget and during budget hearings;
- Study and evaluate budgetary implications of proposed legislation and submit comments and recommendations thereon;
- Submit periodic budgetary reports to the Department of Budget and Management;
- Coordinated with the treasurer, accountant and the planning and development coordinator for the purpose of budgeting;
- Assist the sangguniang concerned in reviewing the approved budgets of component local government units;
- Coordinate with the planning and development coordinator in the formulation of the local government unit development plan ; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
Francisco T. de Guzman, Jr.
Provincial Budget Office
1st Floor, Provincial Capitol Building
Malolos City, Bulacan, Philippines 3000
Tel: +63(44) 791-8124 / 8125