We are committed to pursue:
- Public awareness thru efficient and well managed public advocacy and information program
- Strong linkages among partner agencies and the public
A pro-active organization promoting the good image of the province thru communication excellence.
- Planning and improving the organizational and functional structure of the department
- Identifying the department's mission and vision in relation to those of the PGB
- Leading the department's and the PGB's communication planning effort to project and maintain a good image for the Governor and the PGB through an integrated communication plan
- Implementing an integrated communication plan for the PGB which should include provisions for crisis communication and government relations
- Managing and motivating government personnel in different communication jobs within the department
- Dealing with professionals and personalities involved in external functions and projects of the Provincial Public Affairs Office
- Serving as adviser and counsel to the Governor and PGB department heads on communication matters
- Being an internal critic and chief communication officer of the PGB
Internal Affairs Division
The Internal Affairs Division is in charge of all PGB internal affairs functions requiring communication support:
- Documentation of important events of the provincial government;
- Informing the public of the progress and development agenda of the province such as producing Video Production and Special Audio-Visual Presentation to promote major PGB events;
- Instrumental in the effective delivery of information through Film Showing and Social Media accounts.
External Affairs Division
The External Affairs Division is the PGB's communication liaison with its external public - including the press, civic, non-governmental organizations, the national government agencies, legislature and the general public. The External Affairs Division's functions include the following:
- Serving the PGB's liaison with its external audiences including the press local government units under it, national government agencies, the legislature and the general public
- Coordination of publicity efforts anchored on an effective media relations programs
- Preparation of major releases and media feeds
- Production of publicity materials in coordination with the internal affairs
- Collaterals such as flyers, brochures, publications such as the provincewide newsletter of the PGB, and posters and streamers to promote major PGB events
- Media relations counsel to the Governor's Office
- Coordination of professional development activities for the PGB Information Officers
- Develops and implement communication strategies to uplift the awareness of Bulakenyos regarding the projects and programs of the government
- Bridges the relation between the community and the Provincial Government
- Disseminates information through IEC and film showings
- Writes, edits and arranges production of the The Capitol Newsletter and scripts for the events/ programs of the PGB
- Assists with preparing organisational documents such as monthly accomplishments, annual reports, etc.
- Assists in the production of visual, audio and electronic material for the program Dalaw-eskwela Fest
- Monitors public opinion regarding the projects of PGB through surveys and social media strategy
- Monitors tarpaulin for greetings, awards and recognitions of the province installed in the designated area/ common posting area in the province of Bulacan
- Uploads contents such as audio-visual presentations and layouts to H16 LED curtain and two-faced LED located at PGB compound
- Information dissemination to Bulakenyos in the course of TextKonek
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
- Bulacan Ngayon - A semestral publication that informs the Bulakeños on various PGB activities, programs, projects, and accomplishments. 20 pages, 2 folds, letter size, colored print distributed to communities.
- IEC Production - covers the production of IEC materials for Singkaban Fiesta and other programs and projects of the Provincial Government. IEC materials includes plugs for radio and television; posters, flyers, tarpaulins and brochures for print; and documentaries and plugs for audio visual production.
- INFOTROOP - is the new version of designated IOs group. The name denotes readiness, activeness, teamwork and dedication in facing the highly challenging duties as Information Officers. As in soldiers, INFOTROOP is envisioned to be in the forefront of communication revolution, 100% supportive and ready to empower the citizenry through information. It's composed of Bulacan Capitol Information Officers (BCIOs), Information Officers of Bulacan (Infobul), and Campus/School Journalists.
- Media Affairs - This includes programs which aimed at strengthening and fostering PIO's good relationship with the press; to improve the skills of media men in writing developmental news which will greatly benefit the programs of the province through good publicity; an opportunity for the national press to tour Bulacan and learn about its industries, local governance, tourism and other commendable things about the province. The activities under this are Media Training, Media Tour, Media Sportsfest and Fellowship.
- Press Releases - This includes news and photo releases about Bulacan which are disseminated to Bulacan-based media practitioners both with national and local outlets. These releases are also posted on the official website of Bulacan (www.bulacan.gov.ph) and PGB's official Facebook page (https://m.facebook.com/PGBulacan?refid=13)
- Talakayang Bulakenyo - A regular meet with the press to discuss issues or programs about the Provincial Government of Bulacan and the province.
- Special Audio Visual Presentation (AVP) - The Provincial Public Affairs Office (PPAO) is responsible for the shooting and editing of Special AVPs intended for PGB use and promotions. AVPs help a particular program or activity to be more reinforced or remembered among its audience. AVPs make it possible for audience to digest information in smaller chunks thus making them fully aware of the message of the activity/program. It also includes web plugs, LED plugs and seasonal message or inspirational message of the provincial governor of Bulacan.
- Galing Bulacan TV Program - Serves as the promotional video that aims to promote the province's own tourist attractions, products and programs among Bulakenyos with the tagline 'Hwag maging dayuhan sa iyong sariling bayan, tuklasin ang galing at ganda ng ating lalawigan'. It aspires as well to help the owners of enterprises or places and creators of native and innovative products to gain more market. The program consists of different segments - Bulacan in a Minute, feature-type segments and fillers. Sometimes, it includes the activities of non-government organizations that are news worthy.
- Photo and Video Coverage/ Documentation (including live feed and FB live) - Aims to record PGB activities/events through photo and video files. Serves as an archive resources especially for AVP materials. Also used for news releases for TV, radio and print networks and Galing Bulacan TV Program aired on local cable network.
- League of Cable Television Operators in Bulacan (LCTB) - PPAO is always on track to establish wide connections and efficient information to support the program of the Provincial Government. With the help of LCTB, a Non-Government Organization, the Galing Bulacan TV Program is now being shown in sixteen (16) cable networks in Bulacan.
- Film Showing - Increased viewership and awareness about Galing Bulacan TV Program is cultivated to the target audience through film showing. It is one of the easiest ways to promote Galing Bulacan TV Program and to show Bulakeño and non-Bulakeño viewers the updates about the province.
- Social Media Content - Seeks to cultivate fans, the Provincial Public Affairs Office has its own social media accounts where activities and programs of the Provincial Government are updated thus, making the photos/videos and their captions accessible to Bulakeños and non-Bulakeños alike:
- TextKonek - Current trend dictates that a new paradigm in communicating government projects to people through SMS or text messaging will become an efficient and powerful tool. This will monitor the public pulse with respect to government programs and issues concerning the people. A text message containing the details of a specific PGB project is send to random Bulakeños for them to avail or to join the said activity. It also serves as the listening function of the government to determine people's needs, problems, and priorities.
- Dalaw-eskwela Fest - It is an information campaign strategy to uplift the awareness of the Bulakenyo youth in the projects and programs of the Provincial Government led by Gov. Daniel R. Fernando. It also aims to convey the rich history of the province of Bulacan to the youth, particularly to the Senior High School students. Dalaw-eskwela Fest also encourages the youth to participate in the current programs and projects of the Provincial Government. At least twice a week, a team, created to deliver the Dala-eskwela Fest project, will go down to a school, both private and public, and encourage the students to participate in a 3-hour program.
- The Capitol Newsletter - The official quarterly newsletter of capitol employees. 12 pages, 2 folds, letter size, colored print distributed to PGB employees with 1:1 ratio. The Capitol aims to continuously update the capitol employees about the arising issues that concern the PGB. Serves as a printed documentation that gives news or information of interest to capitol employees.
- Scriptwriting - It is designed to create scripts for the master of ceremonies of the events and programs of the Provincial Government.
Maricel S. Cruz
Head, External Affairs Division
Khristina Alexis Mendoza-Talavera
Head, Internal Affairs Division
Provincial Public Affairs Office
2nd Floor, Provincial Capitol Building
Malolos City, Bulacan 3000 Philippines
Tel: +63(44) 791-8160