A province where individual and community can achieve their highest level of health.
Through excellence and leadership, the Provincial Public Health Office shall promote health, prevent diseases and strive to achieve health equity to every Bulakenos.
Public Health is a core element of government's attempts to improve and promote the health and welfare of their citizens. Complementing the development and improvement of hospital care delivery, the Provincial Government has valued likewise the development of an effective public health care structure.
- Promote and encourage healthy behavior.
- Prevent epidemics and the spread of diseases.
- Assure the quality and accessibility of health services including provision of safe blood.
- Protect against environmental health hazard.
- Respond to disaster and assist communities through local health units in recovery.
FUNCTIONS AND SERVICES:
- Monitor health status and recognizepublic health problems.
- Investigate health problems and threats in the community.
- Develop and planstrategies that support local health unit's efforts to protect the health and welfare of the individual and community.
- Inform, coach and assist people about health issues and concern.
- Carry out laws and regulations that shelter health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed health services and assure the provision of healthcare at all times.
- Organize multi-sectoral partnerships to identify and resolve health problems.
- Ensure a capable public health and personal health care workforce . (GIS)
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility and quality of public health services.
- Research and new insights and groundbreakinganswers to health problems.
PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS:
A. Disease-Free Zone Initiatives
- Rabies Elimination Services
- Leprosy Elimination Services
- Malaria Control Services
B. Intensified Disease Prevention and Control
- Tuberculosis Control Services
- HIV/AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Infection Control Services
- Dengue Control Services
C. Emerging and Re-emerging Infection Prevention and Control Services
D. Child health
- Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI)
- Breastfeeding Program
- Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI)
- Nutrition Services
- Dental Health Services
- Newborn Screening
- Mother-Baby Friendly Hospital (MBFH) Initiatives/Breastfeeding
E. Maternal Health
- Immunization and Supplementation
- Facility-Based Deliveries
- Pre-Natal Visits and Post Partum Women
- BemONC/CEmONC Facility Mapping and Upgrading
- Women's Health Team
F. Healthy Lifestyle and Management of Health Risks
- Diabetes Prevention and Control Program
- Cancer Prevention and Control Program
- Renal Disease Control Program
- Cardiovascular Disease Prevention and Control Program
- Voluntary Blood Services Program
- Water and Sanitation Program
- Surveillance and Epidemic Management System
- Health Emergency Preparedness and Response System
G. Health Education and Promotion
H. Health Governance
- Local Health Systems Development
- Local Human Resource Strengthening
- Sectoral Development Approach for Health Implementation
- Local Health Information Development and Utilization
- Province-wide Investment Plan for Health
Ms. Jocelyn Esguerra-Gomez,MD, MPH
Provincial Public Health Office
Bulacan Medical Center Compound
Bgy. Mojon, City of Malolos, Bulacan, Philippines 3000