Home General Info Business Tourism Government Cities & Municipalities
Bulacan gov instructs hospitals to respond early to infectious diseases and avoid panic
By: PPAO
Friday, 01 November 2019
CITY OF MALOLOS- Bulacan Gov. Daniel R. Fernando reminded and instructed every hospital in the province especially government run hospitals to respond early and detect accurately if the patients have infectious diseases so as to not cause public panic.

Fernando immediately called the attention of Bulacan chiefs of hospitals upon receiving a report about a rumored Meningococcemia case in Bustos Community Hospital last week.

“Mabilis tayong umaksyon dito at ang maganda kahit hindi pa confirmed ‘yung sakit, tiningnan agad natin to bilang medical emergency, kaya mabilis ding nailipat sa ospital na mas expert sa ganitong uri ng sakit,” the governor said.

According to Dr. Angelito Trinidad, Chief of Baliuag District Hospital, upon receiving the transferred patient last Wednesday, they instantly isolated a room for the 54-year old male from Bustos, Bulacan.

“Galing sa Bustos Community, mabilis na inilipat sa BDH, sa tulong ng infection control committee, agad na naaksyunan. Hiniwalay ng kwarto ang pasyente, binigyan ng prophylaxis ‘yung mga taong nakasalamuha niya at mga tauhan ng ospital, at nilinis lahat ng lugar at dinaanang kwarto ng pasyente. Nakapag-contact tracing na rin ang PHO-PH sa mga taong malapit sa pasyente at nabigyan ng agarang gamot,” Dr. Trinidad explained.

Suspecting that it was Meningococcemia, they promptly coordinated with San Lazaro Hospital in Manila and transferred the male on Wednesday but he died on Monday the following week.

San Lazaro said that after a series of laboratory tests, the result turned out to be negative from Meningococcemia maybe because of the antibiotic treatment already given to the patient.
Suspected cause of death is still meningococcemia.

He also added that all district hospitals in the province are in normal operations and ready to give the public the best possible medical attention they need and there is no need to be alarmed.

“Ang sakit na ito ay hindi airborne, at walang dahilan para mag-alala ang publiko. Walang sarado o naka-quarantine na ospital sa Bulacan,” Trinidad said.

Meningococcemia, based on the Department of Health advisory, is a disease brought about by the spread of bacteria (Neisseria Meningitides) in the blood stream that is transmitted via direct contact with discharges from the nose and throat of an infected person through coughing, sneezing, kissing and sharing of foods and utensils causing severe signs and symptoms including fever, cough, sore throat, rashes, severe skin lesions, unstable vital signs that may lead to death.

It was stressed that early recognition of meningococcal infection and prompt treatment greatly improves chances of survival.

The DOH is encouraging those who are or have been in areas where there were Meningococcemia cases in the past 10 days, and manifest fever, and other signs and symptoms mentioned above to immediately consult the doctor.

Back to 2019 News Archive Menu
© 2007 Provincial Government of Bulacan, Philippines. Developed by the Provincial Information Technology Office.
Experience Bulacan